Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chasin' Rainbows


Over the weekend I car-camped up above North Fork Reservoir in the southern Sawatch Range near Salida. As sunset approached, I was heading down to nearby Billings Lake to try for some sunset reflection photos of the surrounding peaks. Looking over towards Pomeroy Peak, I noted that the late-day sun was backlighting a bright orange curtain of rain that looked like it was headed in my direction. I hoofed it down to the lake, thinking that if it was as brief a shower as I suspected, maybe I'd get a rainbow reflected in the lake.

The wind blew so hard that there was no chance of a reflection on the choppy surface of the lake, but sure enough, a rainbow appeared over the shoulder of Calico Mountain, just as sunset alpenglow light turned the already reddish peak to a brilliant, warm glow. In this case, half right was right enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not just that, you can indulge in extra works while wearing this.


My web-site: flex belt Discount

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted to saу, I enjoyed this
post. It was funnу. Keep on posting!

Stop by mу web page ... facebook cuenta gratis